It has been almost a year since I started writing this blog, and like all my other attempts to keep a constant journal, to put my pen to paper on a regular basis, I did not discipline myself. And so I begin again. It is now 2011 and I am on the road again, this time at Lee's Ferry, Arizona, part of Glen Canyon National Recreatino Area. Once again it's me, Preston the ailing and aging Wonder Dog, and Kate our Winnebago and Jake the Subaru Outback.
Last May when I started this blog I thought it would be worth writing about my "life alone." Not alone all the time, of course, but my travels in the little RV are alone except for Preston the Wonder Dog...a great co-pilot and companion. I could not perhaps ask for a better one. He listens intently, reacts appropriately (most of the time...what more could you ask for when you're not sure of the next turn in the road but a loving kiss from the Wonder Dog?), and is always there to share joy and sadness, to fend off outside forces, and to remind me of what is important in life (a warm bed, good food, treats when you've done something special, and a best friend to sleep with when it's really cold or scary).
To travel alone is an exhilerating experience...at the same time there are periods of wishing you could share the adventure with another human, sorry Preston. I am fascinated, however, with the experience of solitude. More later......
No comments:
Post a Comment